Top 7 Nutritious Foods for People on the Go
If you are a busy person, then you can still sustain a nutritious and healthy diet. This may seem like it is hard to do when you’ve got a full schedule of tasks to do each day. Often times, people will just worry about their errands and not worry so much about what they’re putting in their bodies. This is the only reason why fast food drive-thru restaurants are so popular because people can just get their food quickly without having to go shopping and cook. The only problem is most drive-thru restaurants are not healthy places to eat. It is better to just purchase healthy foods and store them in your kitchen ahead of time. Then, when you’re in a hurry, you can quickly come up with a healthy meal and create a balance between your work schedule and your healthy eating habits.
It is important to choose the right foods because it concerns the health of your body. If you neglect to give your body the right kinds of foods, then it will have a negative impact on your physical and mental health as you get older. To develop healthy eating habits quickly, below are 7 nutritious foods that you could have when you’re in a hurry.
1) Avocados – This fruit contains roughly 20 essential fats and nutrients which the body craves. If you’re on the go, avocados can be consumed very quickly. You can put them in a salad, on a piece of toast or mix in a blender to create a smoothie. Since these fruits have such a high nutrient density, they will fill you up quickly, enhance your health over time, and satisfy your taste buds all at the same time. Avocados contain no cholesterol, no sodium, and no sugar either. Instead, you’ll have a lot of monounsaturated fats to keep your heart healthy and allow your body to absorb the vital nutrients contained in the foods that you eat.
Therefore, if you’re ever running out of nutritious ingredients for your meal, have a bag of avocados ready at all times because they can supplement virtually any other ingredient in your meal to make it a healthy one. You could avocados with toast, crackers, tomatoes, or whatever else you come up with.
2) Bananas – This fruit contains a lot of fibre and nutrients which make it great for making smoothies. If you just want to eat it whole, then you can do that too by peeling and eating it within seconds. Bananas are jam packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and many other essential minerals. If you want a natural boost of energy, bananas are the way to go. They also have lots of magnesium and potassium in them which promote a healthy heart in the body.
If you consume green bananas, you’ll be getting a lot of resistant starch in your body. This is the type of starch which is resistant to digestion and goes through the large intestine so that the gut’s good bacteria can be fed. This results in the colon being protected as well as a better chance of losing body weight and improve the health of your heart. Some studies have indicated that green bananas can even help manage blood sugar levels, digestive health, and insulin.
If you want a nutritionally balanced breakfast that will keep you feeling full for a long time, then use the Blend it Raw formula. This formula states that you eat bananas along with a whole food which contains healthy fats and protein. This could be seeds, nuts, and avocados. You could also make the flavour better by mixing these foods with fruits and other superfoods which have great nutritional value too. Blend it Raw has a great banana smoothie recipe that you should consider for this.
3) Quinoa – If you’re someone who wants to limit the amount of meat they consume, quinoa is a very grainy food which is loaded with protein and can be cooked quickly. Quinoa also happens to be one of the oldest foods and has been consumed since the time of the Incas. You should be able to find quinoa available in virtually all grocery stores and health food markets throughout the country. For those of you who normally get your grains from brown rice, quinoa is faster to cook than brown rice and it will give you 50% additional protein as well.
Quinoa is unique in the fact that it is one of the few plant sources on the planet which is comprised almost completely of protein. As a result, quinoa features each of the 9 essential amino acids which the body must have in order to supply itself with protein. Vegetarians love quinoa for this reason because it allows them to stop eating meat while still getting the essential amount of protein their bodies need. There are about 2.8 milligrams of iron in 1 cup of cooked quinoa. This is roughly 15% of the amount of iron you’re supposed to consume each day. It also contains 13% of the amount of zinc you’re supposed to have each day. If you care about sustaining the health of your immune system, no other food will do this better than quinoa.
You can prepare quinoa with a simple rice cooker device. For each cup of quinoa that you want to cook, use 2 cups of water for it. You can even use vegetable stock or bone broth instead of the water if you want to add more flavour to the quinoa.
4) Apple Cider Vinegar – If you don’t like lemon juice, then apple cider is a good alternative because it can help you control your weight and improve the health of your digestive system. Apple cider vinegar has a lot of health benefits besides improving your digestion, though. It can also improve your gut health and blood sugar levels as well. If you have a food recipe which requires lemon juice, you can use apple cider vinegar in its place. Also, if you’re creating tonic to boost the immune system or merely to fluff up some quinoa, then apple cider vinegar is good for that too.
If you’re making a salad for a couple of people, you only need 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar, ½ a tsp of mustard, 3 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil, and a little bit of salt. If you don’t feel like preparing food in order to enhance your gut health and digestive health, then take 1 glass of water and add 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar to it. Drink the entire glass at least 15 minutes prior to eating your next meal.
5) Chamomile Tea – If you want to sleep better at night, try some chamomile tea. It is important for your health that you get a good night’s sleep, especially if you do a lot of activities throughout the day. Chamomile tea does not have any caffeine in it and it has the ability to help you fall asleep more quickly. Then, when you wake up in the morning, you will feel well rested and completely refreshed.
If you care about feeling happy and sustaining positive relationships, all of this can happen if you avoid sleep deprivation. The actions you take in the evening are what determine how well you will get to sleep at night. You need to feel relaxed and calm, which is what chamomile tea can help you do. Try not to drink any caffeine in the afternoon or at nighttime because that can keep you awake. Chamomile tea can be consumed right before bed.
6) Tahini – It can be hard to find a healthy salad dressing. Tahini, however, can be mixed with any salad dressing to give it more nutritional value as well as protein. Tahini is loaded with both protein and calcium which makes it better than nut butter. Tahini is derived from sesame seeds and has lots of essential nutrients in it including magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, and healthy fats. If you want to add flavour to any vegetable dish or salad, tahini can do the trick. Tahini also serves well as a dip for vegetables like carrot sticks or celery.
Try to consume unhulled tahini rather than hulled tahini because unhulled tahini is created from the entire sesame seed which means all its nutrients will be there. If you want to make a salad dressing quickly with tahini in it, add equal amounts of tahini and apple cider vinegar along with some salt to enhance the flavour. If you like to eat toast or peanut butter, mix 1 tsp. of honey with 1 tbsp. of tahini along with some cinnamon. Then, spread the result over a piece of toast and enjoy a healthy quick snack. If you prefer sliced banana over toast, you can do that here too.
7) Honey – Something every kitchen should have in it because of its vast amount of antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. Honey can be used as a sweetener for things like snacks, smoothies, and salad dressings. At the same time, honey serves as a great way to reduce flu and cold symptoms because of its antimicrobial properties. This will help accelerate the healing process and prevent future infections.
Try to use raw honey because this will have all its enzymes, minerals, and vitamins intact. If you choose refined honey, these nutrients won’t be in there. Raw honey can be consumed in so many different ways. You could add it to a slice of toast or you can just mix it with a smoothie.
If you don’t have a lot of time to prepare a healthy breakfast, Blend it Raw can help you create fast smoothies at home which can serve as a healthy and faster alternative to your regular meals.
Try Blend it Raw today and you will not be disappointed. Satisfaction guaranteed! :).